Miami-Dade and The Keys Intergroup of OA
- Telephone: 305-274-8800
- Mailing Address: PO Box 530248, Miami, FL 33153
- Make donations payable to: Miami-Dade and The Keys Intergroup (OA does not solicit nor accept donations from non-members)
The Role of MDKIG
Miami-Dade and The Keys Intergroup (MDKIG) is the service body of Overeaters Anonymous in the geographical region of Miami-Dade County and The Florida Keys. We are part of OA Region 8, also known as Soar 8, which is comprised of the U.S.A.’s southeast states (Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee) along with Puerto Rico, South America, Central America, and all of The Caribbean islands. We are one of ten areas in the world forms to served to regional needs of Overeaters Anonymous. In accordance with the traditions of OA, MDKIG does not govern. Instead, our leaders are “but trusted servants” who seek through a group conscience to serve the will of the OA groups in our area.
Other Soar 8 Intergroups
Soar 8 is made of of Intergroups that serve the needs of the immediate geographic area. There are currently seven Intergroups in Florida:
- Miami-Dade and the Keys Intergroup
- Gold Coast Intergroup (Broward County and Boca Raton)
- Palm Beach County’s Intergroup
- North Florida’s Intergroup
- Central Florida’s Intergroup
- Suncoast Intergroup (Hillsborough County and Tampa area)
- Pinellas Intergroup
There are also Intergroups in Puerto Rico, Costa Rica, Brazil, Colombia, and Venezuela, with more being formed all the time as OA groups get started.